Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Vampires Kiss - Sunday Shots

Oh man, do I have a treat for all my eebil minions! Today, we are going to treat you to not only a yummylicious drink, but my good friend and author, Liv Rancourt, was so sweet to give us a taste of her delicious words that bite just as deep and sensual as our drink today: The Vampire Kiss.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Finlandia Vodka
1 1/2 oz Korbel Champagne
3/4 oz Chambord
red sugar for rimming

Preparation:

1.Rim the glass with red sugar (use food coloring) or drop in a set of wax vampire teeth for a real surprise.
2.Pour vodka and half of the Chambord in a martini glass.
3.Top with Champagne.
4.Pour the remaining Chambord over the back of a spoon to make it float.

And now that I have left you craving more, I turn over my loyal eebil minions to Liv:




They are weak. All of them. As careful as I am, picking only the hardy and the strong, and cultivating their devotion like a rare orchid that blooms once in a decade, it is never enough. And like the orchid I would have them last, their waxy blooms and glowing colors sustaining me for weeks before they crumble and fade. They all go too soon.

But perhaps the problem is mine. Perhaps my sin is gluttony that I draw too much, stealing the very sap that keeps their petals firm. Like this poor soul. He fought, hands tearing at my undead flesh in an unsuccessful bid for survival. Now he lays beneath me, as waxy as an orchid’s petal, victim of my gorgeous death.



Liv Rancourt is a writer of speculative fiction and romance. She lives with her husband, two teenagers, two cats and one wayward puppy. She likes to create stories that have happy endings, and finds it is a good way to balance her other job in the neonatal intensive care unit. Liv can be found on-line at her website (www.livrancourt.com), her blog (www.liv-rancourt.blogspot.com), on Facebook (www.facebook.com/liv.rancourt), or on Twitter (www.twitter.com/LivRancourt).








I'm so excited to get a chance to read some of Liv's work! Don't be afraid to Tweet Liv or find her on FB and Blogspot, she bites! Oh, erm.. well, if you ask!

Until next time,
Stay Eebil!

7 comments:

Charity Parkerson said...

Woo-hoo! Great post

Blue Remy said...

I can't wait to try the drink! Lol

Unknown said...

Sweet! Love the post. Can't help but drink the words! ;-)

Liv Rancourt said...

Thanks, Blue, for letting me share space on your blog. And thanks to Charity & Jo for checking out my post. I don't really bite...very often...
;)

Anonymous said...

Great twist for the bubbly.

D.B. Smyth said...

"...victim of my gorgeous death." Spectacular! Thanks for the sample. ;)

Liv Rancourt said...

Thanks DB! I like the rhythm in those words, too. And thanks to Sherry for checking in. Let us know how that cocktail works for you.
;)