Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Musicals - My Soul Mate

I love music, as does everyone. Music touches us all in one way or another, some more than most. I tend to relate my life to music, as does a very dear friend of mine, Charity Parkerson. I asked her to drop by and post about a song that touches her deeply, and she jumped on it like a mexican jumping bean. So, let me give the floor over to Charity!

I love music almost as much as I love to write and that is really saying something. The T.V. in my house is rarely on when I am home alone, but my ipod never gets a break. I tend to lean towards the music that fits my mood, and I have learned to use that to my advantage in my writing. If I know that I am writing a love scene or a heartbreaking scene, then I set my playlist to match my scenes in order to keep my mood even with my writing. However, music has also equally influenced my “real” life, as opposed to the imaginary one that I normally life in, and I believe that music can lift you up when you are down or allow you to wallow in your misery if that is what you need at the time. Songs hold our memories. How often do you turn on the radio and suddenly found yourself thinking about a person or a time that you’d forgotten. Just like Trisha Yearwood says, “The Song Remembers when” and if I had to pick one song today that remembers for me, it would have to be:

Usher - You Got It Bad



This song was very popular back when my husband and I were dating. We would be out on the town when this song would come on the radio, and then we’d turn the sound up, and sing this song to each other at the top of our lungs. We meant every word, but we would still laugh about it afterwards. We decided against playing this song at our wedding, in order to keep from offending some of the older quests, but in my heart this song will always be my wedding march, because I know every time that I hear it, that it was the song I was hearing in my head as I was marrying my soulmate.

Thank you, Charity! You can find her on Twitter ( @charitypakerso ); FaceBook ( charityparkerson ); or here on blogspot ( charity - thesinners )

So, this has made me curious. What song touches you when you look at your soulmate?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! I'd have to say "Annie' Song" by John Denver. Just the first words 'You fill up my senses..' say it all.